BOS BOOK AWARD & BEST TREATISE AWARD
Bombay Orthopaedic Society wishes to encourage academic book writing by Indian Orthopaedic Surgeons. To this end, it desires to present an award of Rs. 25,000/- (Twenty Five Thousand Only) to Indian Orthopaedic Surgeons, who have submitted a book on certain aspects of orthopaedics after 2017.
The details of such a book can be brought to Society’s by any Orthopaedic Surgeon or by the publisher of the book.
The nominations should be made on the personal or company letterhead giving reasons for such recommendations. A photocopy of the copyright page that shows the history of the Publication like name and address of the publisher, ISBN, etc of the book should be attached.
The BOS executive committee will peruse all such recommendations and choose an author to whom the award will be bestowed upon. The BOS reserves its rights not to give any prize or split it in two or more shares, as it may feel proper. No correspondence will be entertained about this decision. Three copies of the book should be submitted to the Secretariat. The books will not be returned after its scrutiny for award.
The publication must be in PUBMED peer-reviewed journals bearing ISSN number. Similarly, chapters written in books bearing ISBN number will be recognised. The author should apply to the Secretary online.
Last date: August 31, 2019
BEST TREATISE AWARD
An award of Rs. 10,000/- (Indian Rupees Ten Thousand) for a Life Member of the BOS who has done Extensive Original Research and prepared a Treatise on a Project related to Orthopaedics, that contributes significantly, through its conclusions, to the practice of Orthopaedics today. Three copies of the treatise including legends, pictures and references should be submitted. The BOS Executive Council reserve its right to give, split or withhold this award based on the applications received. The copies have to be received by August 31, 2019 and may not be returned after scrutiny
for the award. Researcher must have done and documented the named research for over 5 years atleast. This does not include P.G. thesis.
RECOGNITION OF PUBLICATIONS
BOS in its initiative to encourage academic activities will recognise publications by its members during WIROC every year.
- The author must be a life member of BOS
- Publication must be in peer-reviewed journals being ISSN number.
- Similarly, chapters written in books bearing ISBN number will be recognised.
- Application process will be online. For more details, visit www.bombayorth.org (The Secretariat may ask for 3 copies of the publication at a later stage)
- A committee consisting of 3 members will evaluate the publications.
- Only articles published / accepted between January 1, 2018 & December 31, 2018 will only be considered for this year’s recognition in WIROC 2019.
- Last date for submission:31st August 2019