NOTICE OF BOMBAY ORTHOPAEDIC SOCIETY’S
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
15th December, 2016
Annual General Meeting of Bombay Orthopaedic Society (BOS) will be held at Hotel Grand Hyatt, Kalina, Santacruz, Mumbai. on 22nd January, 2017 at 9.00 am. If there is no quorum, the meeting will be reconvened in 30 minutes; the members then present will form the quorum.
Day & Date: Sunday, 22nd January, 2017
Venue: Hotel Grand Hyatt, Kalina, Santacruz, Mumbai
|09.00 onwards||Annual General Meeting: Call to Order|
|10.30 – 11.00||Coffee Break|
|10.30 – 12.30||Election process will commence and will continue alongside AGM|
|12.30 – 01.30||Lunch counters open while the meeting continues. All the members attending the meeting are invited to the lunch hosted by the BOS. Please register online for lunch – Click on following link – http://goo.gl/forms/XMcb4bDndl or on telephones 2438 3498 / 2438 3499 at BOS Secretariat, Vama Events office by 1.00 pm on 10 January, 2017.|
A PHOTO IDENTITY CARD IS MANDATORY TO CAST A VOTE AT THE ELECTION.
A member is required to remember his membership number.
- Apologies and leave of absence.
- Condolences if any
- To confirm and pass the minutes of the AGM held on Sunday, 10th January 2016 at ITC Grand Central, Parel, Mumbai and matters arising from the minutes.
- President’s Address: Dr. Aseem Parekh
- Presentation of the Hon. Secretary’s report: Dr. Sanjay Dhar
- Presentation of the Hon. Treasurer’s report and audited statement of accounts for the year 2015-16 : Dr. Rajesh Gandhi Members are requested to send in writing or email (email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org) their queries and corrections arising out of minutes of last AGM, Secretary’s report, and statement of accounts to our BOS secretariat at least 10 days before the AGM, by 10thJanuary, 2017.
- Appointment of the accountant and the auditor for the year 2016-17.
- Report on Research Projects and Allotment of funds to research committee for future BOS Research activities.
- Report on BOS Library Project and Allotment of Funds for BOS library: Dr Anand Thakur.
- Update on Osteoarticular TB project BY Dr VikasAgashe
- To approve EC’s recommendations to appoint conveners for BOS academic courses.
- To confirm and Approve “BOS Outreach Program” Conveners, Venues.
- To appoint Webmaster for the BOS website and BOS App. Terms of appointment and function.
- Approval for restricting hard copy notices to Calendar of Events (COE), Annual report, WIROC Brochures only.
- To Update BOS official Journal. (Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics):Dr Nicholas Antao
- WIROC 2016 – Organizing Secretary’s report: Roshan Wade and Dr. Arvind Kulkarni.
- Ratification of dates, venue, and names of the Organizing Secretaries for WIROC 2017.
- To confirm speakers for the R. J. Katrak Oration and K. T. Dholakia Lecture for WIROC 2017 and select stand-by speakers who will be the confirmed candidates for WIROC 2018.
- To update ‘Good Practices Guide Book’ for ‘WIROC’ meetings, Hon. Secretary & Hon Treasurer’s office management.
- To Approve Treasurer as mandatory signatory for WIROC Accounts
- To Discuss about Space for BOS office. (letter of Dr Sandeep Sonone)
- To approve applications for BOS membership (List attached).
- To Declare Best Clinical MeetingAward
- President Elect’s address: Dr.C.J. Thakkar.
- Any other matter with the permission of the chair.
- Vote of thanks by Hon. Secretary. (Welcome new members)
NOTICE FOR THE ANNUAL ELECTION
BOMBAY ORTHOPAEDIC SOCIETY
Elections for following posts in Executive Council will be held during the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the BOMBAY ORTHOPAEDIC SOCIETY (BOS) on Sunday, January 22, 2016 at Hotel Grand Hyatt, Santacruz, Mumbai.
- PRESIDENT ELECT : 1 Post – Vacant (1-year term; Dr C. J. Thakkar takes over as President in 2017)
- VICE-PRESIDENT : 1 Post – Vacant (1-year term; Dr Mohan Desai retires)
- MEMBERS OF EXECUTIVE COUNCIL : 2 posts vacant (3-year term; Roshan Wade and Arvind Kulkarni retire after completing 3 years in the Council)
Members desirous of contesting the election to these posts should complete a nomination form and return it to the Hon. Secretary, at the Society’s Office on or before 5.00 pm on January 15, 2017. The proposer and the Seconder should be BOS member A member may apply for only ONE post. A copy of the nomination form may be obtained from BOS office.
Last date to withdraw nomination is January 18, 2017 by 5.00 pm.
Faxed or Emailed nomination forms will NOT be accepted. BOS does not take the responsibility for any postal/courier delays. There will be no election in the event the number of candidates is same as the vacant posts. Other rules governing the election process are mentioned below.
Address to send the nomination forms: (only hard copies will be accepted)
Dr Sanjay Dhar, BOS Secretary, C/o Vama Events, Anmol Cooperative Housing Society, Office No 004, Ground Floor, SakharamKeer Marg, Mahim, Mumbai 400 016 Tel.: +91.22.24383498
(Monday – Saturday: 10.30 am – 5.00 pm)
- Executive Council has appointed Dr Ram Chaddha as The Chief Election Officer.
- All applications will be scrutinized by him in consultation with the President and the Secretary.
- Election is by secret ballot.
- All ballot papers will be signed by the Chief Election Officer.
- The candidates are expected to adhere to a high moral code of conduct.
- Once AGM commences, campaigning must stop.
- Election process will start at 10.30 am during Coffee break of AGM. The process will be concluded at 12.30 pm. Any member not in the voting queue by 12.30 pm will not be allowed to cast his vote.
- The candidate or his (one) representative may be present during the counting process.
- Disputes, if any will be considered by a Council (President, Secretary and the Chief Election officer) and their decision is final and binding.
PHOTO IDENTITY CARD IS MANDATORY TO CAST VOTE.
Date: December 10, 2016
CALL FOR INSTITUTES TO HOST CLINICAL MEETINGS
Applications are invited from HOD’s of institutes desiring to hold the BOS Clinical meetings for 2017-2018.
Minimum criteria are:
- AC Hall of 100 capacity
- Mumbai, Navi Mumbai or Thane
- PG training Institute with at least 2 units
- Clinical work which can hold a good meeting
The applicants will be scrutinized and the EC will allocate meetings.
There are 6 full meetings on first Sunday of even months of the year namely, June, August, October (2017), Feb, April (2018).
Applications should be made in writing or Email to Hon. Secretary, Bombay Orthopaedic Society, email@example.com giving relevant details supporting the bid.